- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Understanding The Benefits of Ophthalmology
Ophthalmology services are designed to help you correct your vision, treat conditions affecting the eye, and halt dangerous diseases. At Naples Eye Physicians, your team of ophthalmologists take care of both surgical procedures and medical care for your eye with the most modern techniques and practices. Here is more information about how ophthalmology can help you and what kind of conditions ophthalmologists can help treat.
How Ophthalmology Can Help You
Ophthalmologists at Naples Eye Physicians an provide you with a wide spectrum of eye care. As ophthalmologists, we perform eye exams to detect and diagnose various conditions, including the following:
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Floaters and Flashes
A proper eye examination is an essential test that ophthalmologist perform, and often helps reveal underlying eye conditions before patients even realize there is a problem. Thankfully, early detection can improve the chances of successful treatment for a wide variety of conditions.
We offer a variety of corrective services as well to help you see better, including prescribing glasses or contact lenses. We can help ensure that your eyewear is comfortable and has the features you need to see properly, such as polarized lenses.
Surgical Procedures Are A Core Medical Service For An Ophthalmologist
Ultimately, an ophthalmologist’s role goes far beyond eye examinations and contact lens fittings. One of the primary roles we serve as ophthalmologists is performing medical surgeries. We are licensed doctors with the necessary training and experience to perform delicate surgeries using a variety of advanced tools and diagnostics.
Among the type of surgeries offer by an ophthalmologist include the following:
- Cataract surgery which involves removing the defective cloudy natural lens in your eye and replacing it with an artificial lens implant, also known as an intraocular lens. This artificial lens will help you to see your best.
- Eyelid surgeries including ptosis repair and upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty are performed to repair eyelid control and to improve your ability to see clearly.
- LASIK is an advanced outpatient form of laser surgery that helps correct a variety of refractive errors, including near and farsightedness as well astigmatism. This surgical laser is used to reshape your cornea in the front of your eye, which helps improve the way your eye focuses light rays into the retina at the back of your eye.
- Laser trabeculoplasty uses a focused beam of light to alter the drainage angle of your eye. This surgery helps fluid flow out of the front of portion of the eye, and helps decrease pressure in your eye. It’s especially helpful for treating glaucoma that hasn’t responded to medication.
These are just a few of the types of surgery that ophthalmologists specialize in, and that we offer at Naples Eye Physicians.
We at Naples Eye Physicians also believe it’s important as ophthalmologists to stay on top of the latest treatments and research. This can help ensure the safety of our patients and potentially introduce new treatments in the future to our eyecare services.
If you want to learn more about our ophthalmologic services or want to schedule an appointment, then call Naples Eye Physicians at 239-262-6288 or visit our office at 661 Goodlette Rd N #105, Naples, FL 34102 today.