- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Naples Eye Surgeries from Our Ophthalmologists
Our ophthalmologists at Naples Eye Physicians offer a wide range of state-of-the-art eye surgery techniques and procedures. Our eye surgery services include:
- LASIK - LASIK is an advanced form of laser surgery for correcting refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. The laser makes a small flap in the corneal tissue so that the cornea can be re-contoured to match your precise correction vision prescription.
- Cataract Surgery - Cataract surgery involves the removal of an intraocular lens (IOL) rendered opaque by cataracts. A small incision is made to gain access to the capsule enclosing the diseased lens; then lens is then broken up by an ultrasound tool. The pieces are removed and a new artificial lens is inserted.
- YAG Laser Capsulotomy - Every once in a while the lens capsule will become cloudy following cataract surgery. These issues can be resolved quickly and easily through a procedure called YAG laser capsulotomy. A laser beam clears the cloudiness from your line of sight in a matter of minutes.
- Laser Iridotomy - Laser iridotomy is prescribed for patients who struggle with narrow-angel glaucoma. Our laser makes a tiny hole in the iris which permits fluid through it. This extra drainage channel can help prevent sudden a buildup in intraocular pressure.
- Laser Trabeculoplasty - Laser trabeculoplasty can be very helpful for treating wide-angle glaucoma that has failed to respond to medication. In this procedure the laser alters the angle of the existing drainage channels in the eye to improve their performance.
- Ptosis Surgery - Ptosis is a dropping eyelid caused by a weakness in the eyelid's levator muscle. Our ophthalmologists can tighten levator muscle or perform a procedure called a frontalis suspension that lets you engage the eyebrow muscles for better eyelid control.
- Blepharoplasty - Aging eyelids may droop or sag due to stretching or fat deposits, making you look older and possibly interfering with your ability to see clearly. We can remove excess skin, fat and muscle in a procedure known as blepharoplasty.
- Lesion Biopsies - The eyes and eyelids can be afflicted with tumors or other lesions just as any other part of the body can. Our ophthalmologists can obtain biopsies of these lesions to check for possible malignancies that require treatment.
Contact Our Eye Physicians to Learn More
Before our eye physicians recommend any of the Naples eye surgeries listed above, extensive diagnostic evaluations must be performed to determine whether you're a good candidate for the procedure in question. We use such advanced techniques as Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT), Visual field testing and IOL Master technology to examine your eye condition in detail. We will also evaluate any underlying medical conditions you may have or any medications you be taking which may contraindicate surgery as the best treatment method for your needs.
Call 239-262-6288 to learn more about our Naples eye surgeries and diagnostic techniques. We want to be your trusted eye experts for life!