Dry Eyes Can Be an Irritating Problem
Having dry eyes during the winter season can become a serious problem. However, people with naturally dry eyes who experience this issue year round can face even more problems when it gets colder outside. Here at Naples Eye Physicians in Naples, FL, we have some information for you that will help alleviate your dry eyes this season.
Common Symptoms of Dry Eyes
Though an irritated, itchy feeling is commonly associated with dry eyes, there are other symptoms that may give you a clue that you are suffering from this condition:
- Gritty feeling in the eye
- Blurry vision
- Light sensitivity
Causes of Dry Eyes
Though it is a seasonal cause of dry eyes, the cold weather has a tendency to dry out your eyes and leave you with an irritated feeling. Other causes of dry eyes include:
- Natural aging process
- Various diseases, such as arthritis, collagen vascular diseases, and more
- Problems with your eyelids shutting incorrectly
How an Ophthalmologist Can Help
Your local ophthalmologist can help you with your dry eye issues. Our doctor can help assess your situation after performing a thorough eye exam. Here are some common treatments that we offer to patients to help remedy this irritating condition:
- Artificial tears. Your eyecare doctor will suggest that you use artificial tears to help lubricate your eyes and prevent dryness.
- Eyelid cleaners. Your eye doctor will recommend eyelid cleaners that can help you cleanse the dirt that may be building up in your eye and causing your eyes to become irritated.
- Blocking tear ducts. Your eye doctor may recommend blocking your tear ducts. This causes your natural tears to stay in your eyes for much longer and provide hydration for your eyes.
Our Eyecare Specialists are Here for You
Have you been suffering from dry eyes year round? Your eyecare specialist can help you after performing a thorough exam of your eyes. Naples Eye Physicians in Naples, FL, can help you recover from this irritating issue. Give us a call at 239-262-5434 to schedule your professional appointment today.